*** WINTER SPECIAL OFFERS AVAILABLE ***
Our beautifully crafted Treehouse at Salcombe Farm, Salcombe is perched within the branches of a stunning silver birch tree, growing just behind the gorgeous Georgian farmhouse.
Spectacular views through the rolling hills of Horsecombe Valley and on to Batson Creek, Salcombe Estuary and beyond can all be viewed from the private seating area in a secluded corner of a 3.5 acre field.
The cedar shingle clad Treehouse is surrounded by an elevated decking, where you can sit back and relax with a glass of wine, while watching Horsecombe Farm's Rare Breed Dartmoor Ponies. There is an abundance of nature too with buzzards and barn owls to be spotted from the deck. Alternatively stargaze at night and listen to the crickets and look out for the glow worms from your private terrace, while sat by a roaring, crackling fire in the cast iron fire bowl, which can also be used for BBQ's, heating mulled wine in the caldron or treat yourself to toasted marshmallows.
Optional extra - wake up in the morning and winch up the wicker basket, filled with fresh crossiant and pain au chocolat from the local bakery - The Bakehouse Salcombe or The English Breakfast Package, containing locally sourced produce (available on request at a small charge).
Inside you’ll find a beautiful big chunky solid oak double bed; piled high with gorgeous linens, cushions, sumptuous quilt and knitted blanket. The rustic half round wood rail ceiling and beautiful oak walls and floors provide the perfect setting to curl up in the tweedy chairs, next to the electric flame effect wood burning stove which, heats up within a matter of moments. The hand crafted oak table provides the perfect setting to play a board game, cards; or simply just peep through any of the windows at the surroundings.
An en suite shower-room lined with ceramic drift wood tiles, underfloor heating and heated towel rail ensures that you'll be snug, piping hot water, with organic paraben free hair and body wash products. There’s a proper flushing loo and a river rock granite wash-basin that sits on a hand crafted table.
The Treehouse has a bespoke built duck egg blue kitchen, with gorgeous oak worktops and a matching oak kitchen table. Including a fridge-freezer, fan oven with grill, portable induction hob, large white butler sink, Nespresso Coffee machine, seven-bottle wine cooler, Morphy Richards toaster, kettle and utensils. All of the cooking equipment and crockery is state of the art.
If you decide you do want to leave your little paradise, there’s plenty on offer. A 15 minute walk along idyllic country lanes past fragrant hedgerows and thatched cottages brings you to Salcombe town that offers an abundance of fantastic shops, restaurants, cafés and pubs all in the backdrop of some of Devon’s most spectacular coastline and the lovely beaches of the Salcombe estuary.
With panoramic views, and the rustle of the wind in the trees - you’re in for a unique, and amazing, stay.
1. Please CLOSE THE GATE at your private entrance to the lane (there are livestock in the field above The Treehouse).
2. Please do not enter the stable yard, unless one of the hosts are present, as horses and ponies can be unpredictable.
3. If anything in The Treehouse is broken, smashed, stained or damaged etc - please let us know immediately.
4. Please be careful with the wood surfaces and use the pretty heart coasters provided.
5. Please do not pick the wild flowers surrounding The Treehouse.
6. Please do not break branches off the surrounding trees to burn in the cast iron fire bowl. Please use the complimentary firewood provided.
7. No candles or tea lights are to be used internally or externally of The Treehouse.
8. Please do not fly drones (unless special permission is granted by the hosts).
9. Reservation alteration's to booking dates may only be done 30 days in advance.
Salcombe Farm is a family business located in Salcombe, South Devon. The Farmhouse B&B in the Horsecombe Valley and Salcombe Farm Luxury Glamping with The Treehouse Salcombe were established in 2012. My daughter Freya and I run the business. We all absolutely adore it here and look forward to sharing our piece of paradise with you as well as our Dartmoor Ponies and Foals, Bumpy the Jack Russel, Lupo the Whippet, and last but not least the Chickens.