Please read the entire listing. This listing is for the whole house. This is NOT a shared space. You get the whole house to yourself. This cute 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom house is slowly being restored to its original condition room by room. Right now there are two bedrooms set up and one bathroom. The kitchen was remodeled recently and the inside of the house was also just painted in early 2016. We do not live here. This is a vacation rental property, not a house that someone lives in full-time.
Please Read The Entire Description And View All Of The Photos Before Booking (by booking you agree that you've read and agree to the terms of the listing):
Katie & I always really enjoy staying at this house when we are in Salisbury. It just feels comfortable to us and cozy. We really like the city of Salisbury and find new things to do and places to go each time we stay.
The house is an older cute little craftsmen style house in the Fulton Heights District of the city of Salisbury that we are in the process of fully restoring (it is ready to rent now though). The house is just a few minutes off of I-85 in between Charlotte and Winston-Salem. It is just a couple of minutes from both Catawba College & Livingstone College. It also just a short drive to Novant Health Rowan Medical Center & the W. G. (Bill) Hefner VA Medical Center. The house has two bedrooms and one bathroom. It has a full kitchen that was remodeled/updated within the past few years. The kitchen has a gas stove, oven, over the range microwave, dishwasher and full size fridge. It also has a dining room and then a living room as well. The living room, both bedrooms and the bathroom have real original hardwood floors that have been fully restored in January of 2016.
The house has two bedrooms and one bathroom. We permit up to 8 guests to stay at the house, but there are only 2 beds, 1 in each bedroom. There is one couch that is a sectional. We have the number of guests permitted listed this way so that families, such as ourselves can stay since kids and teenagers and even the adventurous young adult doesn't always need an actual bed. There is plenty of room for a pack-in-play or two as well. :)
The house has internet (WiFi) and cable TV. We cannot control the internet speed, signal and/or the service. We are not responsible for internet or cable outages. All of these things are out of our control and we there are no refunds or discounts if the At&t internet or cable service is not what you hoped it would be... that said, we've never once had a problem with it during our stays at the house. We will do nightly stays here or weekend stays, but we would really like to rent out this house on a longer term basis... weekly or monthly. The house will need to stay completely furnished if you'd like to rent it for a long term rental (or longer term). We spent the time and money to furnish the house, so we don't want to remove all of the furniture we bought for it. Price is "somewhat" negotiable for a longer term rental too... the key word somewhat... but we do require all payments to be made in advance and there will be no exceptions to this policy. The house has central heat and central A/C as well.
By clicking on pet or infant you are saying you are bringing them. But, the website doesn't charge for them at booking. Payment is still required before arrival.
This listing is for the whole house. This is NOT a shared space. You get the whole house to yourself. At booking please provide a non-Airbnb email address so that the rental agreement can be sent in advance. This is a vacation rental property. We do not live here. The house is fully furnished, but we will not be there upon your arrival or during your stay. There is a lockbox at the house and upon completion of the the rental agreement and a government issued photo ID (of the person who made the reservation as well as the other guests), we'll give you the lock-box code. :)
Rates do change depending on availability and demand for each season/month and day of the week. To get an accurate quote, enter in the number of guests staying and the date you'd like to stay and this site will give you an accurate quote. Each person needs to be accounted for, not just each adult.
We have not done anything to the outside of the house or the yard yet, but plan to fully restore it to what it would have looked like just after it was built as funds permit us to restore it (paint it, new porch, new lighting fixtures, porch furniture, full landscaping, etc). The outside of the house (exterior) and the laundry room are the parts of the house that we still really need to fully restore. We plan to remove all of the old baseboards and have all of the paint removed taking them back to the original wood. Your staying here will directly help us restore this property. The cellar is completely unfinished and is not a usable space. It is locked and guests are not permitted down there. The laundry room has not been updated at all but there is a new washer and dryer that guests are permitted to use. A couple of the door handles (older style door handles) to the laundry room and the second bedroom are either loose or missing. The baseboards throughout the house are original and when we ripped up the carpet, the OSB and the glued tile that was under that (there were 3 layers of flooring covering the original hardwood floors), that left about a 1" black line on the baseboards. Again we will be restoring the baseboards, but this has not been done yet. The yard needs a good bit of work and we hope to get started on some full landscaping soon. We also plan to redo the front porch and the front dormer windows paint too. Some of the houses on the street have been updated and others have not. There is free parking on the street right in front of the house. Please note that this house is not perfect. Again, we are in the process of fully restoring this house. There are countless little things that we will fix when we have the money. We know that there are all sorts of little things that would only take 15 minutes to fix... such as the door knobs, etc. As long as you are okay with knowing this house is not yet perfect than we'd love to have you stay. And remember, you will be partnering with us to restore this house to its original condition. :) That said, we both love staying there just as it is right now.... and so have many, many other guests. The house really came out a lot cuter than we ever thought and we enjoy staying here ourselves. :)
Pets are always welcome with the paid pet fee(s) and the pet fee depends upon the length of the stay and number of pets. Pet fee(s) for up to a week or over a weekend stay will be ($55). For a monthly stay the pet fee(s) will be a little more though. The pet fee(s) are per pet, but they are not per night.... just a one time charge. Noise must be kept down and parties are NOT permitted. Smoking is not permitted. We do not provide paper towels.
Let us know if you have any other questions at all and we're looking forward to you staying. There is a rental agreement that has to been signed before check-in and a copy of a government issued photo ID is also required before the lockbox code will be given out. For this reason, the person who makes the reservation has to be the there at the time of check-in, unless the contract is signed and arrangements are made for someone else to check-in in advance. All pet fee(s), early check-in or late check-out, firewood or extra person fees are not refundable once paid. It is always the guests' responsibility to understand where this property is located and the listing clearly states where the property is. We are not responsible for guests' booking a property in an area that they didn't mean to book in or in a location that they didn't intend to book. We are also not responsible to determine how far the property is from any other location or area (including not responsible for drive time or distances to and from where the guests will be traveling). Guests acknowledge that they understand and accept where the property is located prior to booking. Please note that I (Steven) personally took every photo for every single one of our listings. Some photos are of the local scenery and these are the scenes you can expect to find while driving around the Salisbury area.
The heat must be left on in winter months to avoid frozen pipes (at least 55 degrees, but not more than 65 when checking out). Failure to leave heat on will result in guest paying for any damages due to frozen pipes. If you or someone in your group is allergic to pets or anything else (detergent, air fresheners, etc), please let us know in advance so we can discuss this prior to your booking and then also prior to your arrival. We try not use any scented products but we cannot be responsible for what other guests right before your stay may have used. Different houses have different scents. This house has natural gas heat and a gas stove which can sometimes have a faint smell at times. We cannot be responsible for determining what you will or will not be sensitive to though. This is truly impossible to determine ahead of time. No refunds will be issued for this reason. Each house will have its own unique scent so please know this ahead of time. This is a no smoking house under any circumstances and we've never had anyone smoke in this house (and smoking in the house will result in fines by whoever is found to have smoked in the house), but we cannot guarantee what the house will smell like upon your arrival. The house is cleaned between each and every guest by a professional cleaner, but this does not mean that there is time for a deep clean after every guest. We're looking forward to you staying and hope that you will have an amazing stay.
Also, no refund will be given for mechanical, water-well or cistern, weather, Electric, appliances, cable, internet or similar issues or other circumstances. Owners will fix or resolve problems within a reasonable amount of time. Owners or owner's agent is not held responsible for any noise due to water work, road work, cable work, phone work, any utility work, or any other noise or vision pollution at our properties, other properties adjacent to owner properties, or other properties near owner properties.
Guests are required to pickup after their pets. Pets are not permitted on any beds or furniture. All pets are required to have current rabies vaccinations displayed on their collars per county and state law. Pets must remain under immediate control of their owners at all times. Guests must not permit any pet to bark or disturb any neighbor or guest at an adjacent property. Pets must be on their leashes while on walks on the roads or off the property at which they are staying. Guests are responsible to wash their own dishes, silverware, pots and pans and run the dishwasher (if the property has one). Because of this all of these items will only be as clean as the last guests left them. There is no possible way for us to check every single thing in the kitchen between every guest. Imagine trying to check every single thing in your kitchen cabinets, while washing all linens, towels and comforters and cleaning the whole house all within 5 hours (the time between check-out and check-in). Linens may still be in the washer or dryer at check-in. We wash all linens, towels and comforters after each reservation and therefore all wash may not be done by the time you arrive for check-in. Also, while all linens, towels and comforters will be washed, we cannot guarantee perfection. We have high end washers and dryers at most properties, but even after being washed and dried it may still be possible to find hair on the linens (this is why pets are not permitted on beds or furniture). Properties are deep cleaned, but not for every reservation. If you look, you will be able to find things that are not perfect, but we cannot deep clean a property between every guests' stay (we only have 5 hours between check-in and check-out to clean the whole house and wash all linens). 24 hour check-in means that there is a lock-box. Check-in still must occur during normal check-in times unless arrangements are agreed to in writing and prior to booking. There will be a fee of $35 for changing the check-in person from the person who made the booking to an alternative guest unless approval is given prior to the booking. Guests failing to provide their valid/working email address to us via the message thread within 24 hours of booking, where the rental agreement can be emailed, will result in a $35 charge. The rental agreement must returned/completed via Docu-sign within 24 hours or less of the guest having received it or there will be another $35 charge. For same day reservations, guests shall have 2 hours to send their email address (without a $35 charge) and one hour to return the rental agreement via Docu-sign (or another $35 charge be assessed). There will be a charge of $30 an hour for guests arriving more than 30 minutes later than the arrival time that they give us on the day of arrival. Arrival times must be sent in the message thread. Reservations may be cancelled with no refund whatsoever if these policies are not followed. Likewise, the there will be a $30 charge for failing to send us notice when they are 30 minutes from arriving at the property. The only exception to this policy will be guests traveling to our Virginia properties via U.S. Route 33 from WV(and guests are required to let us know us know at least 12 hours in advance if they plan to travel via U.S. Route 33 to arrive at our property). Reservations may be cancelled with no refund whatsoever if these policies regarding check-in time, arrival time, email addresses and the rental agreement are not followed. These policies are due to us having to over and over again wait hours and hours for guests who will be late and do not have the courtesy to let us know that their travel plans have changed, which keeps us waiting for them through meal times and it also effects our ability to know where we need to be to get our other guests who have been respectful with their arrival times checked-in on time. We do not want our polite and respectful guests to have to wait or be inconvenienced any longer by our impolite guests.
Illegal drugs will not permitted on our properties under any circumstances. Smoking is not permitted inside any house or cabin or on any screen porch. There will be a $750 charge for any smoking in either of these areas. Illegal drugs being used anywhere on the property will result in a $750 charge. Kegs and hookahs are not permitted anywhere on property under any circumstances. There will be a $500 charge should either of these items (kegs or hookahs) be found on the property (this includes outside areas too). If smoking (inside or on screen porches), illegal drugs (meaning what is illegal in North Carolina), keg(s), hookah(s) or fireworks (there is a $500 fine for having fireworks at a property) are found on the property the guest will be asked to leave and there will be no refund whatsoever for any portion of the stay (including any future days/nights). Guests failing to check-out by 11 am agree to pay $50 an hour for a late check-out beginning at 11:01 am. If the guest is still there at 12:00 noon then then the charge is another $50 and so on with each additional hour the guest overstays their reservation. Late check-outs require prior written permission and applicable late check-out fees to be paid. Check-in is 4 pm to 10 pm without a fee of $20 an hour and checkout is 11 am or earlier without a fee of $20 an hour. Prior approval, before booking, is required. $30 an hour without approval and possible cancellation of reservation.
There is no fire-pit at this house currently, therefore fires are not permitted at this time. It is also not permissible to gather firewood from the woods at the property. This will result in a $50 charge. All bed linens and towels are washed after every single guest. This does not mean that every single hair, piece of lint, etc will come off in the wash. We wish that washing machines got every last thing off the linens, but that is not always the case. Also, detergent, well water and the linens themselves may bleed causing stains. If there is a problem with the linens just let us know and we'll do our best to get you new ones as soon as possible. We give you our promise that everything is washed after every single guest, but that doesn't mean that washing machines and dryers are perfect at removing every last thing from the linens and towels. If there is an issue with the cleanliness of the property just let us know and we will send someone to fix it within a reasonable amount of time. We truly want everything perfect, but please know that nothing is perfect and no cleaner cleans perfectly. Likewise, the floors are swept and mopped after every single guest. Sometimes we sweep the floors 3 or 4 times and still find things on them. We again, promise that they are swept after every guest, but that doesn't mean that they will be perfect. If you search you will surely be able to find something wrong. There will be no refunds for these issues, but rather we will work to fix anything that needs to be fixed within a reasonable time. At certain times of the year, there may what are commonly known as sugar ants at the house. We have ant bait that we can put out so let us know if you find any sugar ants so that we may treat for them. They are harmless and found in many houses throughout the country, but can annoying to some guests so we wanted to disclose this ahead of time. There will be no refunds for this however.
Guests agree to all of the terms of this entire listing and there will be no refunds whatsoever (including unused days/nights), if any of these terms are not followed and the guest chooses to either cancel, not check-in, leave early or is asked to leave the property due to violating these terms.
Long Term Guest, staying more than three weeks, will be required to pay utilities.
Toegang voor gasten
No check-ins or checkouts on Thanksgiving or Christmas Day.
Interactie met gasten
We'd ask that you really read this profile, preferably before you book... we believe it will help our guests better understand who we are and set proper expectations for your stay as well. We challenge you to find more honest listings on this site (or any site). We list the faults of our properties and have extremely detailed listings (and we ask that our guests would take a few minutes to read them). When you rent one of our properties, you get the whole house (not a shared or private room). Again, we never rent out shared spaces, you get the whole house, cabin, inn or cottage.
We are not a big company. In fact, we're not a company yet. We are just a husband and wife who are trying our best to create great places for people to vacation or staying while traveling through the area. We do have a couple of cleaners now and someone who helps with check-ins, but we are in the process of hiring a reservations person, a cleaning supervisor and someone to live on site in Virginia and do maintenance for the Virginia properties. When you stay at one of our properties, know that we (Katie & I) are not even at the point of drawing a salary yet and you will be partnering with us to restore these properties. We put every last cent right back into our properties and live much more modestly than anyone else we know. Because of this, please don't book one of our properties if you intend to cancel or if you cannot stay for some reason. We count on the money from the bookings to pay our bills and mortgages and we just cannot afford to offer refunds or alter reservations once they've been made. This is our livelihood and not extra spending money like it is for most Airbnb hosts.
We have four daughters and another baby on the way. Our oldest is 6, we have another who is 3, one who is 2 and our newest arrival, our 4th daughter is now one. We always wait to find out if we're having a boy or a girl. :) We came to Virginia from Texas for me (Steven) to finish my college degree and Katie was a middle school teacher until 2013. We fell into the vacation rental business accidentally when we bought the cabin next to our house to keep it from falling into disarray and had to figure out how to make the mortgage payment on it. So we started by renting out that first cabin in June of 2011 and we now both do this full time while raising our girls. This is far harder than anything either of us has ever done and we are now at 5+ years without a single day off. The term, "the innkeeper never sleeps" is how I would describe our lives (it is 2:43 am when I writing this). This is all we do every single day of the year. If you need something (even on Christmas or any other holiday) we (or our staff) is almost always available to help, but keep in mind that there are only two of us right now that respond to all emails and phone calls. We do have some cleaners and another employee who helps check-in guests though. And please be kind... we never get a day off (and we mean never) and the demands of what we do is nearly overwhelming. We'd also like to make sure that our guests know that Katie & I both run Fire/Rescue as volunteers in our "spare time" so there may be times when we are unavailable due to being on an emergency call. As soon as we are done with whatever emergency call we're on, we'll be happy to assist you though.
When you rent one of our properties, know that your money is going to toward future renovations and improvements. Also, if you plan on cancelling at some point before your stay, please think twice before booking one of our properties. We count on the rental income to pay or mortgages and all of the other bills associated with the properties, which are extensive. Our goal this year is to hire a full time business manager to help us out. :) Also, please note that Airbnb's messaging system does not always work... and even if it is working, there are just two of us... two... answering every message and inquiry and responding to guests. We're not always on the computer and some of our properties and the areas we travel through to get to them, are in areas where some of our cell phones don't work, so we are not always available due to technological reasons and even when we are available... there are just two of us right now...
Again, with that in mind, please know though that we're not a big company and we have no outside investors yet... Meaning, things are not going to be perfect (although we sincerely hope to get everything perfect in the future). We personally own every property that we rent out. Again our cabins, cottages and houses are not perfect, but they do have character, history & warmth. And we've listed them with lots of details and descriptions about what to expect. Our listings are accurate. Your staying with us helps us further the restore all of our properties to their original condition (with appropriate modern updates that are appropriate in keeping with the history of the property). We believe that we are far more honest than any of the competition when it comes to our properties' listings. You will find full descriptions of each property that list the good and the bad (again, our properties are not perfect, but that is only because we do not yet have the finances to make them perfect... they will all get there though as funds permit). Our properties are always improving though since we put every last dime back into the business to keep improving things. We say all of this, because quite a few of our past guests seem to have the impression that we're "loaded"!
If you are looking to stay someplace that is unique then you'll love it here. If you are looking for perfection or prone to finding things to complain about, then this may not be a good fit for you. Our cabins, cottages and houses are real cabins, cottages and older houses. In many cases our properties are historic and require a lot of thought about how to make improvements, while maintaining the historical characteristics. There are lots of improvements we would like to make if money wasn't an issue, but the character of most of our places is difficult to find elsewhere. Katie says I'll never be satisfied and keep wanting to make improvements to our rentals (and she is most likely correct). :) As I said above, none of our properties are perfect, but we believe our service is second to none (but please keep in mind that there are only two of us). All we really ask is of our guests is that you be kind and understand that we are only two people and we promise we're doing our best.
We believe in treating others as you want to be treated. And in most cases, if you cannot say anything nice, it is better to say nothing at all. Extend grace generously. That being said, we're not going to back down if we believe we are right and we'll call it as we see it. Again, we have all of our listings described in far more detail than any other Airbnb listings we've ever read. We will be super hospitable and respond to all requests that are "reasonable", but that doesn't mean that we will allow ourselves to be pushed around or taken advantage of though either. Our listings are honest and extremely detailed.
Also, we cannot fix problems that we do not know exist, so please let us know if there is something we can do to make your stay more enjoyable. And please do this before you check-out. Leaving comments in a review about something we could have fixed while you were staying is extremely frustrating and disappointing and will most likely result in us leaving a negative review in response. Be fair and give us the opportunity to fix whatever is wrong. But please make sure that you read the listing before complaining. We have cleaners who are available most days during normal business hours to assist you if something isn't right if we aren't available. Again, if there is something we can do something to make your stay more enjoyable.... please let us know. :) But we ask that you be polite in asking... making demands is not the way to go about it... be nice to us and we'll gladly be nice in return. It's sad that we even have to put all of this in here and it only a small portion of guests who have unreasonable expectations, but we felt the need to include this in our profile.
We'd like to make sure that our guests know that we both run Fire/Rescue as volunteers in our "spare time" so there may be times when we are unavailable due to being on an emergency call. As soon as we are done with whatever emergency call we're on, we'll be happy to assist you though.
Late check-ins, after 10 pm, without prior approval in writing on the message thread come with a fee of $30 an hour.
There is a fee of $35 to switch reservation dates, if we agree to the request, plus the price of the difference. Prices will not be reduced for shortened stays or less expensive dates.
Andere dingen waar je op moet letten
By clicking on the pet(s) tab at the time of booking, you are saying that you are bringing a pet. However, there is no charge added for a pet(s) at that time. You will still need to pay the pet fee(s) in order to bring a pet(s). Please, no pets on the furniture...beds, couches, etc.
Pre-approvals do not include pet, infant, or late check-in fees.
All pet fee(s), early check-in or late check-out, firewood or extra person fees are not refundable once paid. All extra fees are the cash or check prices. Airbnb charges extra fees to pay these charges using their site and this is not something we can control. Checks are welcome but there is a $5 charge to use a check due to past problems we've had with accepting checks. Returned checks will be assessed a $50 returned check charge as well as any other applicable attorney fees or court costs required to collect the payment along with the original amount of the check that was returned. Checks are only accepted if they are deposited into our bank account prior to a stay. Guests are not permitted to trespass on any land that we do not own or any other property owners land during their stay. Failure to adhere to these rules will result in termination of the rental agreement.
Short Term Rental Agreement:
This SHORT TERM Rental Agreement is made by and between: (“Homeowner”) and __________________ (“Guest”) effective upon accepting the conditions, terms and agreements agreed to upon initially submitting either the deposit or the full payment amount at the time of booking. For good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged, the parties hereby agree as follows:
1. Property: The property is located at:
2. This short term rental is furnished and includes: refrigerator and stove/oven combo.
Rental Party: The rental party shall consist of Guest and the following persons:
3. Maximum Occupancy: The maximum number of guests is limited to __4___ non-related persons or
__4___ related persons. An additional charge of up to $35 per person per night for guests in addition to 2 may be applied to the cost of the stay. This property is NOT allowed to be considered as a permanent residence by any guest. The property is a short term rental property. If extra guests are found to have spent the night without prior approval by owner, the rental agreement/reservation/stay will be subject to termination immediately and no refund shall be given. Subletting this property or the attempt to sublet this property is cause for immediate termination of the rental agreement/reservation with no refund.Check-in is 4 pm to 10 pm. Late check-ins and checkouts with prior approval, before booking, are $20 an hour. $30 an hour without prior approval and possible cancellation of the reservation.
4. Term of the short term rental agreement: The agreement begins on _______________,(the
“Arrival Date”) and ends on __________________(the “Departure Date”).
5. Minimum Stay: This property requires a minimum 1 to 4 night stay depending upon the season. Longer minimum stays may be required during holiday periods and weekends. If a guest ends up staying for less than 1 day, the guest will still be charged for the entire length of time that they reserved the property. There are no refunds, discounts or credits for late arrivals or for early departure for any reason.
6. Rental Rules: Guest agrees to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this SHORT TERM rental agreement at all times and shall cause all members of the rental party and anyone else “Guest(s)” permits on the property to abide by the following rules at all times while at the property. It is the “Guest(s)” legal responsibility to inform anyone that they allow to access the property of all terms, conditions and rules regarding all/any use of the property, including use of ingress and egress to the property. This is a SHORT TERM rental agreement and is not subject to the process of eviction through the court system by Code (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) D. By signing the guest is stating that they understand this and that a sheriff’s deputy, police officer, or other law officer has the authority to escort them from the property and/or grounds without court proceedings.
7. Access: Guest shall allow “Homeowner” or any other authorized agent of the Homeowner to access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection at any time. Homeowner and/or their agent shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner. Homeowner has right to access barn yard, driveways, unfinished basements, garages, storage units, etc. without informing renter.
8. Rental Rate and Fees: Payment is required according to the payment schedule above. Full payment is always due for access to the property to be given. If the premises appear dirty or damaged upon Arrival, Guest shall inform Homeowner immediately (within 15 minutes) of arrival.
9. Cancellation Policy: Our cancellation policy is: If Guest wishes to cancel his/her reservation the deposit/payment for stay will be refunded as follows: 0% if canceled or failure to show up for any reason. No refunds for JMU Events or Holiday Bookings (No refund or credit for stay shall be given due to early departure or for failure to show up and/or check-in). The property will be locked upon your arrival. The owners or owner’s agent will meet you at the property to let you in unless other arrangements have been made in advance, so YOU must contact owners in advance to let them know when you are arriving (4 pm to 10 pm.) If no contact is made in advance by email and/or no call by midnight the day of arrival, then the reservation will be duly cancelled. Failure to contact owners to set up check-in time prior to arrival date or failure to show up before midnight the day of arrival without contacting owner constitutes a cancellation. Homeowners reserve the right to re-book the cabin for the dates guest reserved the cabin for if no contact has been made or if guest fails to show up by midnight the day of arrival. (Guest are permitted to arrive after mid night but must confirm the time in writing with owner PRIOR to the arrival.)
10. Insurance: We encourage all renters to purchase traveler insurance and cancellation insurance. You hereby acknowledge that this option has been presented to you before booking.
11. Payment:. Checks may not be used for reservation that are less than 10 days away from the time of booking. Late payments result in immediate termination of stay/reservation/rental agreement.
For reservations more than 20 days away we may accept checks via the mail. Please make checks out to owners.
1. Smoking is NOT allowed inside the property or any enclosed areas (screened or glass). Any smoking items must be extinguished and then disposed of properly. No remnants of smoking shall be left at cabin or anywhere on the grounds or surrounding areas. Any evidence of smoking in cabin or improperly disposing of cigarettes, cigars or any other tobacco products shall be cause for immediate termination of this rental agreement/stay/reservation.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may stay overnight in the property with the prior written approval of the owners. Any other person in, on, near the property or any adjacent property is the sole responsibility of Guest. Guest shall not cause or allow unreasonable loud noise or activity that might disturb the comforts of other persons renting or living in the area. Persons found to be staying other than those in this agreement will occur a charge of $35 per person for known number of nights person stayed and immediate termination of rental agreement will occur.
Noise shall be kept to a minimum at all times. Special care shall be taken to be very quiet during quiet hours. Failure to respect either quiet hours (9 p.m. To 9 a.m.) or to adhere to Homeowner's/Homeowner's Authorized Agent's request to lower the noise volume shall be cause for immediate termination of the rental agreement/stay/reservation.
3. All of the properties are privately owned; and the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on any premises, facilities or on roads, trails or any property whatsoever. Homeowners/Homeowners Agent(s) are not responsible for any loss or damage of any kind to/of personal belongings, vehicles or valuables of the guest or any member of their party. By accepting this short term rental agreement it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from any use of the premises by themselves or by others in their party. Party shall be defined as any person(s) who stays overnight, visits, or accesses the property in any manner, whether such person is invited by the Guest or not.
4. Guest agrees to keep the property and all furnishings in good order (same as are when they arrived). Any damage or issue with the property must be immediately reported to the Homeowner upon Guests arrival or within 15 minutes of arrival. If guest is found to have damage property during inspection guest will be charged for item and possible termination of reservation/stay/rental agreement.
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses. Improper use may lead to termination of stay/reservation/rental agreement and payment to repair or replace item will be responsibility of guest.
6. PETS are permitted only with prior approval. A pet fee of up to $89, per pet, may applied to cost of stay. Failure to disclose or obtain prior permission to bring pets may result in immediate termination of the rental agreement. This includes not disclosing the correct number of pets and/or the type of pet prior to arrival. Damage and/or injury due to pets will be paid by guest. If pets are to be proven violent or cause injury, immediate termination of short rental agreement/reservation will occur.
7. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the property for nightly or weekend rentals only, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. Sorry we do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the property under any circumstances. An inspection of the property and grounds will be done weekly.
9. Fireplace/Firepit: Outdoor fire: Burning Laws in Brief § (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN). Regulating the burning of woods, brush, etc.; penalties. No burning until after 4:00 p.m. February 15 through April 30 of each year, if the fire is in or within 300 feet of woodland, brushland or field containing dry grass or other flammable material. Fire shall not be left unattended if within 150 feet of woodland, brushland or fields containing dry grass. No new fires set or fuel added after midnight. Law applies to campfires, warming fires, brush piles, leaves, household trash, stumps, fields of broomstraw and brush or anything capable of spreading fire. The law provides for a penalty of up to $500, plus payment of court costs and fire suppression costs if the fire escapes. Firewood must be purchased from owners. If using firepit without owner consent, a fine will be charge up to $500 and immediate termination of reservation/rental agreement may occur.
10. Water and Septic/City: The property is on city water, well, or cistern. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper down the toilet. Please DO NOT flush any wipe or moist towelette of any kind even if it says flushable. No feminine products should be flushed down the toilet at any time. If it is found that feminine products or other improper material have been flushed down the toilet and clog the septic system, Guest will be charged damages of the cost of repair or replace. The well water may smell like sulfur/iron at times. There may be an orange/brown color to the water due to iron and/or sulfur.
11. Guest represents that he/she is more than 21 years old and that this entire agreement has been reviewed.
12. LEFT ITEMS: A $25.00 fee, plus shipping cost, applies to any Lost and Found items that are requested to be returned to Guests. Items found and not claimed within 15 days will be disposed of at the owner's discretion. Owners are under no obligation to return left items. Guest are NOT permitted to get mail at any mailbox at any of owner’s properties. Guest must get their mail sent to a PO Box or location other than the short term rental properties. Property address shall not now or ever be used to establish permanent residency. This is a short term rental and not subject to residency establishment.
14. Do not park on the grass, across the street from the house, or in the street. Guest is only allowed to park in designated areas.
15. Emergencies: If there is an emergency, the renter will first contact the local authorities via 911. Then contact the owners. If there is a non-emergency issue, contact owners directly as soon as issue occurs.
16. ZERO TOLERANCE: Guest and the members of his/her party shall not use or permit to be brought onto the property any illegal controlled substances, firearms, or items hazardous to persons or property. If unlawful or illegal use of firearms, illegal substances, or hazardous items is found, it will result in immediate termination of the reservation/rental agreement. Guest are not permitted to intoxicated by any substance in the property or on the property grounds. If guest or any person in guest’s party is found to be intoxicated or under the influence of drugs or alcohol in any way, immediate termination of the reservation/stay/rental agreement will occur. Any filing, attorney, and/or court fees accrued for any reason will be paid by guest.
17. Guest agrees to: Leave the premises in the same order as found; to return keys to OWNER/AGENT on departure either in person or in lockbox and not to exceed the maximum number of people, cars, pets or other limits as agreed to herein. Water and lights must be turned off at departure. Guest must leave heaters on in the winter time. If heaters are not left on and damage to pipes or other water related items, guest will be responsible for payment to fix these items. If more than the pre-approved number of people are found to occupy the premises, or excessive cleanup is required additional charges for extra persons, linens and maid service will be levied against the GUEST. Such determination will be made at the sole discretion of the Homeowner/Homeowner's Authorized Agent. Guest agrees to the reasonable costs of collection, including attorney fees, if necessary to collect money in the event of damage to the property or violation to the rental agreement. Visitors of the GUEST will be the responsibility of the Guest and must follow all the same rules as the Guest.
18. Also, no refund will be given for immediate terminate of rental agreement/reservation or issues with weather, mechanics, appliances, road conditions, heater, air conditioner, water, cable, internet or other such items or other circumstances. Owners will try to fix or resolve problems within a reasonable amount of time. Owners or owner's agent is not held responsible for any noise or mess due to water work, road work, cable work, phone work, any utility work, or any other noise or vision pollution at our properties, other properties adjacent to owner properties, or other properties near owner properties. Consumption of raw or undercooked eggs should be avoided, especially by young children, elderly persons, and persons with weakened immune systems or debilitating illness.
19. We reserve the right to remodel, makes changes, alterations, improvements, redecorate and rearrange the property at any time. The property may not appear exactly like it does in the photos when you arrive for check-in due to these possible changes. This is a real house. There may be critters, snakes, insects, bugs, spiders, or animals in or around the house. We do our best to ensure the properties are free of these things, but we cannot guarantee it. Please let us know if critters are found in or around the property.
20. Owners are not held liable for any injury due to the farm animals. Renters agree that they are feeding or petting animals at their own risk. Farm animals are not to be ridden on.
By my signature below (or by checking the box at the time of payment and electronically accepting this agreement), I hereby agree to ALL of the payments, terms and conditions of this SHORT TERM rental agreement. I agree that ALL rental monies are non-refundable per the cancellation policy above and due on the dates listed above. Any fees (court, filing, attorney, etc.) accrued to collect monetary rental payment will be levied against the GUEST.
I have read my rights to purchase travel and cancellation insurance.
I, the guest, agree to the terms of this SHORT TERM Rental Agreement, as evidenced by the signature(s) set forth below (or by electronically accepting this agreement). Any filing, attorney, and/or court fees accrued for any reason will be paid by guest.
Any termination of the rental agreement results in immediate vacating of the property and no refund will be given. Owners reserve the right to move guest to a different property with same as amounts of bedrooms for remodeling needs.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for errors on the website listings. The contract is the sole representation of the property and all information regarding how the property is described.
Please read the entire contract carefully.
Required: Provide Copy of each person’s Driver's License now. Failure to provide government issued photo id (driver’s license or the like) will result in immediate termination of rental agreement/reservation without refund. Failure to sign the rental agreement before the day of arrival will result in termination of the reservation with no refund. Also, provide Make, Model, and License Plate Number of vehicle now.
No smoking. Noise must be kept down whereas this house is in a neighborhood. Quiet hours are to be observed between 9 pm and 9 am.
Heat must be left on in winter months to avoid frozen pipes.
Deze verhuurder heeft 1250 recensies voor andere ruimtes.Bekijk andere recensies