Peaceful & quiet bedroom with comfortable double-sized bed, storage and closet on top floor of home overlooking garden in centrally-located Upper Beaches neighbourhood (walk to Coxwell TTC subway station).
Free limited street parking & paid permit parking options available (See 'House Rules' for details).
- Private room on the top floor of a bright and clean home. The room is carpeted, and equipped with a comfortable double-sized bed, side table, closet and storage space.
- Linen, towels, hair dryer, iron/ironing board, USB outlets, and high-speed WiFi are included.
- Shared access to kitchen, bathroom, backyard patio and common space (my bedroom/basement are not accessible).
- Toronto is a physically large city, but we're centrally located and close to LOTS of things that makes the city unique: subway, restaurants, parks, vintage shops, bicycle trails, coffee shops, brunch spots, and pubs.
- 35 min walk to The Beaches (prime boardwalk area for nature, exercise, walking trails, and relaxing at Woodbine Beach along the shores of Lake Ontario), 30 min walk to Leslieville (vintage shopping, restaurants, pubs, and indie coffee shops), 15 minute walk to Little India (authentic restaurants, festivals and culture), and 25 min walk to Greektown (restaurants, pubs, shopping and one of the city's largest yearly festivals - Taste of the Danforth).
- 7 min walk to Coxwell TTC subway station.
- 10 min subway ride to downtown (Yonge and Bloor).
- 15 min drive/30 minute subway ride to Dundas Square.
- Overnight bus service is a 3 min walk.
- Close to the DVP (Don Valley Parkway) and Gardiner Expressway.
- We have a walk score of 89 and a transit score of 94.
- AutoShare, ZipCar, Car2Go and BikeShare all under 700m away.
WHO WE ARE
- I am a 30s-something in the public relations field who loves to host and meet new people while at the same time understanding privacy.
- I'm passionate about food, fitness, travel and film - I'm eager to provide restaurant and entertainment recommendations - so please do not hesitate to ask!
- KEEP THINGS QUIET AFTER 10PM
- NO SMOKING IN THE HOUSE - BACK PATIO IS FINE
- ONLY REGISTERED GUESTS ALLOWED
- ENTER/EXIT FROM REAR DOOR ONLY
- REMOVE SHOES INSIDE
- DO NOT LET DOG OUT
You have 2 options for parking.
OPTION 1 - FREE
You can park free on the small streets near my house from 7 a.m. to midnight daily. After 6 p.m. (but before midnight) move your car to Danforth Avenue (2-minute walk north of the house).
On Danforth Avenue, please park on the SOUTH side only (this is the side where the street addresses end in odd numbers - 1,3,5,7,9), and move your car before 8 a.m. back to the streets near my house (you will be ticketed after 8 a.m.)
DO NOT park on the north side of Danforth (you will have your vehicle towed/removed after 7 a.m.)
OPTION 2 - PAID
An easier option is to get a temporary parking permit through the City of Toronto's website.
Print out the permit before arriving, or if you have a Samsung/iPhone you can use my wireless printer when you arrive. The cost is approximately $10/24 hours, $15/48 hours, or $24/week (which is an excellent deal).
Born and raised in southern Italy, I've been calling Toronto home for over 30 years. When I'm not working, I spend my time cooking, watching movies, exercising, drinking cappuccinos, cycling, checking out new places (or old favourites) to eat, taking road trips, and spending time with friends, family and my doggy.