Our new Country Getaway is located in the San Diego County area in a beautiful "Tuscany like" area. We are a private fully self contained 1 BR / 1 BA with an attached Deck with 180 degree view, Spa, BBQ, grassy area, fully equipped kitchen, Cushy King Size Bed, Free WiFi, Entertainment includes ROKU for Netflix, Hulu, etc., DVD's and Games.
A Few Notes: There is an 8% Transient Occupancy Tax in S.D. county I am required to collect upon arrival which is based on the rate only.
GET AWAY from the hustle & bustle of everyday life and spend quality time together in our private San Diego County Country Getaway located in Valley Center, Calif. We are nestled among the lush Citrus or Avocado groves and Horse Ranches. You will often hear the sounds of the Hawk and the Eagle soaring through the blue skies from the DECK of this beautiful & Spacious self contained 1 bedroom 1 Bath newly constructed cottage over our four - car Garage.
CLOSE TO SOOOO MUCH! We are out and away but yet close to freeway. Only 10 Min. to the Major Freeway I-15 to go North or South to all the major attractions ie: Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, Sea World, The San Diego Zoo & Museums, Legoland, The Birch Aquarium in La Jolla. These destinations are between 40 min. to 1 half hrs. trip time. There is so much more to see. Please see my GUIDEBOOK to find more Local Attractions mostly within the 15 - 30 Min. time frame. Also see the other attractions that are about 1 hr - 2 hrs. timeframe away.
WEATHER is fabulous, mostly in the 70's even in the winter. In the summer we have warmer temperatures 80's, 90's rarely over 95 degrees yet we are 1,300 ft. above sea level so we get a cooling off Ocean Breeze most of the time. Being less than 35 min. from white sand beaches gives us best of both climates because we are far enough from the ocean to escape most of the fog, clouds, and crowds yet close enough to enjoy the cool breezes in the heat of summer. We also have Central Heat and Air Conditioning if it does get too hot. You can also escape to the Beach because the heat is the best weather for Beach days.
KITCHEN comes all equipped with all Stainless Steel Appliances and Granite Counter tops. There is a LG Oven/Cooktop and Microwave, and a GE Dishwasher. We offer a Cuisinart full pot Coffee Machine and Bean Grinder and the Keurig Coffee Machine, Cuisinart and more. We also have some spices and basic condiments.
PRIVATE DECK with a great 180 degree mountain and groves view. Sit out and relax on cushy patio furniture and watch the hawks and take in the peace and tranquility that surrounds you.
MASTER BEDROOM has Mountain Views from the large windows that have the Cellular Shades and curtains for darkening. There is a King Size Bed with 3" Memory Foam Topper for your comfort. A Full Length Mirror and a quiet Seating Area next to the window where you can curl up & read a good book. Also, we have 2 storage areas with plenty of room to accommodate a monthly stay.
CUSHY FUTONS - SLEEP 2 MORE - We have 2 Futons that fold flat that have additional high Density foam Toppers so they are super comfortable - just right for 2 more adults or a couple children.
LIVING / ENTERTAINMENT area is set up with a Flat Screen T.V. with a DVD player. We also have a Roku Box where you can stream movies & T.V. Shows from Netflix or Hulu depending on what account you have. If you don't have one, you can sign up for a Free month. Inside the closet we have a a selection of DVD's available free of charge and lots of Games to choose from.
BATHROOM is equipped with a Shower over Tub with Handrail Bars for your safety. We also supply a Washer and Dryer and a large Storage area for suitcases etc. There is a large mirror and hair dryer. We supply towels & soap.
OFFICE AREA is complete with a New Office Chair and a hugh Granite Desk with plenty of lighting, drawers and Blt-in filing cabinets. You may hook up a printer and computer and have plenty of space to work if you have the need. We offer free WiFi and Internet.
SPA (Private) is below the deck. Around the Spa is a Private Full Patio BBQ, Grassy area and a Seating area.
Toegang voor gasten
This Getaway is NOT A SHARED HOUSE SITUATION, our Vacation Rental has a totally private area with a privacy Fence. It is totally self contained 1 Bedroom and 1 Bath, Dinette, full Kitchen with S.S. Appliances and Granite Counter Tops, Free WiFi, flat screen T.V., DVD, Surround Sound Entertainment, Roku Box for streaming Netflix or Hulu, Office area with office chair and hook-ups for some office equipment. Storage areas for suitcases , Game & Book closet, Deck with 180 degree view, Spa, BBQ and your own private Turf to play lawn games on. Guests may park in their own private space and walk up the stairs to their private deck and a whole self contained rental unit. The unit is over our 4-car garage which has the new Whisper Garage door opener and we are a very small family and live downstairs on the East End. We live underneath on the other side of the garage so your Rental is very private.
Interactie met gasten
We as your hosts are available by cell phone and wish to be supportive as best we can. We also respect people's privacy especially on vacation. The only way you would hear from us is if there was a problem with the unit and you called us or if there was an abuse of the sound system, or the HVAC system ie: running Air Conditioning while the windows are left open or the noise level went beyond the quiet and reasonable peaceful state of the neighborhood.
Andere dingen waar je op moet letten
We are sorry but we do have stairs going up to the Deck and the unit, so we are not able to accomodate anyone with disabilities. There is No children allowed in the Spa. Minimum Age is 24 for the responsible party renting.
SECURITY DEPOSIT / DAMAGE DEPOSIT - There is a Security Deposit on record for each guest, however it is not charged unless there is Damage to the Vacation Rental or something is Missing from the Vacation Rental, both cases, would warrant a claim on the deposit. Excessive clean-up will result in a $20 or more additional charge. The trash / recycle is below staircase. Please clean pots / pans by hand, sometimes they need a little elbow grease right after use is best. The same goes for wiping spills on the stove top and in the oven a right away.
It is required upon arrival and check-in to sign a Rental Agreement.
1. I will not have more people in the home than outlined in the reservation. Limit and space for 2 cars maximum, possibility of a 3rd for visitors. Please check with Host on additional parking if needed.
2. ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING IN THE COTTAGE OR ON THE PROPERTY. Please be aware that if there is a violation of this, there could be fumigation charges accessed against the deposit. We have alot of guests very sensitive and even have allergies to cigarette smoke smell, so please be aware of this.
3. Quiet hours are from 9 p.m. to 8 a.m. Loud Music is Not allowed that would disturb the Neighbors.
4. Sorry, No Pets
5. Guests MUST NOT SUBLET the Getaway.
6. A Key to the Getaway will be provided upon arrival. Lost Key will incur a re-keying charge of $50 and will be deducted from your deposit.
7. Guests understand and acknowledge that this Country Getaway is out in the Country and owner has no control over wildlife. This may include, but is not limited to: Snakes, Lizards, Coyotes, Cats, Dogs, Insects, Bob Cats, Sheep and the like.
8. Guests agree that owner may enter vacation rental to make repairs. In case of an emergency, owner may enter at any
time for purpose of safekeeping or preventing of any damage.
9. Guests understand and agree that a vacation rental home is not a hotel and 24 hr. maintenance is not available. Owner
will do his / her best to resolve issues. Please call the owner promptly if there are any concerns.
10. Guests agree and are fully responsible for any damage done to the unit during rental period.
11. We fully understand, acknowledge and agree that as Guests, we use the hot tub (Spa) at our own risk and the flight of stairs going up to the unit at our own risk and also agree to carefully remove the hot tub cover and when finished agree to return the cover over the Spa before going upstairs.
12. Larry & Linda Maiolo are not responsible for personal injury to guests while staying on their property. Owner is not responsible for sickness, disease, or any accidents that may occur during or after your rental period.
13. Guests agree to be responsible for turning off heat/air-conditioning when leaving the property and to not leave the windows open with the HVAC system on. Wasteful, excessive unnecessary use like leaving the windows open while using the HVAC system will result in a possible claim on the deposit.
14. Guests agree to be responsible for locking up the unit when leaving the property day or night. Owner cannot be responsible for Guests belongings if Rental is not kept locked.
15. SECURITY DEPOSIT / DAMAGE DEPOSIT - There is a Security Deposit on record for each guest, however it is not charged unless there is damage to the Vacation Rental or something is Missing or there is an abuse as mentioned above in Item 13 while using the Vacation Rental. In these above cases, a claim will be made on the deposit. In the case of Excessive clean-up, a $20 or more additional charge could be accessed against the Deposit.
16. TAXES - We have no control over Taxes. The T.O.T. may be collected upon check-in which is 8% of the Rental Amount either by check or Cash.
I am an Entrepreneur and my family and I enjoy utilizing Online Vacation Rentals for getaways. When we look to get away, we usually pick a cabin in the mountains, river or lake spot for a change of scenery. Since we have enjoyed using Vacation Rentals By Owners, I began to get intrigued with the idea of being involved in the process as a Host as well. Our home where our Vacation cottage is set up is a perfect spot for a getaway with Views of beautiful rolling hills and majestic mountains and Citrus & Avocado Groves. The idea of creating our own Vacation Rental was a welcome endeavor which has taken us a couple years for complete set up. We built our 1 BR Cottage and furnished it with all the goodies. There is a Deck to sit out on and a 180 degree view out in the country away from it all and the busyness of life. We also put a Spa down below the deck which you can enjoy after a BBQ and fun on the lawn with lawn games.
My best friend who I met at church who was our pastor's wife lost her husband and her daughter with only 2 sons surviving has since become a big part of our family and through her friendship we have learned the value of building memories and spending quality / vacation time together while we can.