This farm of 80 hectares houses a large family home (built in 1780) just newly renovated.
The gite has 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms and a spacious lounge, dining and kitchen area that opens onto charming French gardens. Incl. Ozone swimming pool.
At the end of a magnificent drive lined with parasol pine trees, the long façade of la Pomarède comes into view. At sunset one can admire the reddening branches of the three-hundred-year-old pines in front of the "gîte".
Nature is protected on this estate. You will enjoy to read or dream quietly in the shade of the old chestnut tree overlooking the "gîte", as well wander along the lane bordering the fields, sharing them with pheasants, birds or a herd of roe-deers.
The gite is a 2 storey home. You will find the 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms located on the first floor. The kitchen, lounge and dining area located on the ground floor and open onto the garden on 2 sides. Easy access by car/ train, plane (Toulouse, Carcassonne)
Toegang voor gasten
Saverdun is located 45minutes drive from Toulouse where you have a major airport called Blagnac.
The closest railway station is located in our little town, just 3 km from the gite. There you will find shops, restaurants, markets , art gallery and of course lots more to do...
Interactie met gasten
The hosts, Olivier and Beatrice live on this large property in the family home that is adjacent to the gite. The gite with its gardens is private and has its own entrance.
Olivier and Beatrice speak different languages, French, English, German, spanish and a little Portuguese. They will meet and greet you and will be delighted to give you an inside look on what the area offers, whether it be bicycling, walking, visiting caves, historical sites and more.
Andere dingen waar je op moet letten
* Washing Machine and Dryer provided.
* The kitchen is very well equipped with blenders, food processor, etc... Dishwashing machine, full size fridge, stovetop, oven and microwave.
* Unlimited WIFI available.
* Next to the gite, you will find a large converted barn with Barbecue area and table games (such as pingpong, 2 x babyfoot).
* We also have bikes to lend.
* Undercover parking available.
* The swimming pool (12mx6m) is shared with the owners. It's at your own disposal twice a day (=5hours) according to a planning established daily. So, you can all enjoy the space in tranquility and privacy. The swimming pool has an ozone purifying system . There is a dressing room with toilet . And deckchairs.
* No Smoking in the gite.
I lived abroad during 30 years with my husband Olivier who did research in various coffee and cocoa producing countries . Our 3 children were born and brought up in Africa, Asia and Central America . And I taught local children painting and modelage in every country . Back in France, we settled in "la Pomarède" where I have a big "atelier" facing the Pyrenee- mountains.
We enjoy meeting people from other culture and helping them to discover the Ariege.