The Fernleecove cabin views its own private cove. Surrounded in a park like setting, this one bedroom home is accessed by a 15 minute boat ride or a 5 km paddle from Deep Cove through sheltered ocean waters. (A Watertaxi is available if you do not have your own water transportation. The fee for it is charged outside of the Airbnb transaction and is to be paid before departing from Deep Cove)
Fernleecove is a boat or paddle access only cabin, no roads connect to it from town--meaning you will need water transportation to the cabin. I offer a single round trip pickup and dropoff to get you to and from the cabin for $80 CDN or $70 USD cash total. This fare includes everyone in your party. Should you need additional transportation web search covewatertours for pricing. Let me know If you need or do not need water transportation upon booking. The water taxi fee is to be paid before departing from Deep Cove.
Generally guests remain at the cabin for their booking and unless you have your own water transportation it is necessary to bring all food needed for the duration of your stay. Additional boat trips can be arranged if required through covewatertours. Scroll down to 'The neighbourhood' section of my listing for info on convenient stores to do pretrip grocery shopping.
There are rock and wood steps leading up from the dock to the 500 square foot cabin. It has a kitchen, living room with a sofabed, table with chairs and a fireplace. Attached to this space is a small storage closet, a bathroom and a small bedroom that sleeps two comfortably. There are electric baseboards throughout so it is easy keep warm in the winter.
Toegang voor gasten
• KITCHEN: Electric stove, fridge with freezer, coffee maker, coffee grinder, toaster, kettle, basic kitchen wares, basic cooking ingredients like salt, pepper, oil and sugar.
• BATHROOM: Shower, shampoo in the mirror medicine cabinet, bath towels hung on towel rack, hand soap and extra toilet paper in the bathroom sink cabinet.
• DOCK: Private dock with 15 to 20 foot deep water moorage on the south side.
• FIREPLACE: From October to May a 53L bin of fire wood is supplied per night. Additional firewood is available at $5 dollars a bin.
• BBQ: Barbecue with fuel under a large covered patio area.
• WINDOW SCREENS: The cabin is equipped with screens on all the main windows and doors. In late spring insects like mosquitos can be about.
• WATER: Excellent UV Filtered drinking water out of all the indoor faucets.
• INTERNET: WIFI (disconnected if requested).
• CELL RECEPTION: Good G3 cell coverage at the cabin.
• KAYAKS: Two single kayaks and life jackets.
• HIKING: There is an excellent but steep trail behind the cabin to a spectacular view point 270 meters above the ocean. A trail map is posted in the cabin. The trail typically takes guests 40 minutes to hike.
• CRABBING: A “tidal water sport license” is necessary for crabbing in Canada, so if you have yours let me know and I will leave a crab trap on the dock for you. You can get your own license online--just web search "BC Sport Fishing Guide - Crabs and Crabbing" to buy yours and to find information on crabbing regulations. I suggest bringing fish or chicken scraps for bait as the crabs seem to like these best. For cooking crabs there is a large pot at the cabin and a blue plastic bucket for bringing them back up to the cabin.
Interactie met gasten
I can be reached if you need assistance with anything via cell phone or Airbnb messaging. I also may be boat taxiing you to and from the cabin depending on your transportation arrangements.
Andere dingen waar je op moet letten
• CLEANING FEE: A $100 CDN cleaning fee is charged when booking the cabin. $50 CDN is refunded at my discretion based on adherence to the following:
1)GENERAL CLEANUP: Cabin is returned neat and tidy / in the same condition as it was received.
2)KITCHEN: All dishes and kitchen wares are cleaned up and put away including the coffee maker etc..
3)USED LINENS: Used bed sheets, pillow cases (not blankets), used bathroom and kitchen linens put into the linen basket in the laundry room.
No garbage outside. Keep food & garbage inside away from wild life
No fires anywhere including the fireplace from June to till the end of September