Enjoy an elegant, king-sized bed with a private, in-suite, double-sink bathroom in a great central location! A comfy, full-size IKEA floor futon is also available for a modest fee. This spacious room has vaulted ceilings, a laptop desk, and ample closet space. It's a 4-block stroll to Whole Foods and cafes with views to the beautiful Flatirons. It's a pleasant 15-min walk to the lively Pearl St cultural center of town. Your host is a PhD astronomer who loves conversation and sharing the sky!
My place is especially well equipped and located as a base for academic visitors, business travelers, parents with an adolescent or college-age child, and vacationing explorers (solo or coupled).
I am open to collaborating with parents of young children to ensure their safety, and the safety of my belongings, however my place is not "childproof".
A comfy IKEA floor futon is available to accommodate guests sleeping separately or additional guests. There is an extra fee of $15/night for deploying the futon with complete bedding.
Wifi works well in all rooms of the townhome and there are convenient places to plug in mobile phones and laptops.
I call my place the ASTRO AirBnB for three reasons:
1. A tasteful astronomical theme is reflected in the decor of the bedroom and common areas.
2. Astronomy-related art, books, games, and puzzles are available to all guests.
3. Weather permitting, your astronomer host is happy to offer a guided tour of the night sky (with laser pointer, binoculars, and/or a small telescope) or to provide a quick look at our daytime star (the Sun) through "Eclipse" glasses.
NOTE: The primary host (Cherilynn) will be traveling 20 Oct to 1 November 2017 for astronomy-related activities in remote Chaco Culture National Historical Park, and thus won't be able to interact fully with guests of the ASTRO AirBnB during this time. Her wonderful resident co-host, Amanda, will greet you during this time and guide you to the resources of the house and the neighborhood.
There are two upstairs bedrooms (each equipped with an in-suite, private bath) available to guests in this townhome. These rooms are rented separately, but can be rented concurrently by a small group of people who want to stay at the same location (subject to concurrent availability and city occupancy limitations):
1) The larger, cathedral-ceiling Master bedroom described in THIS listing has a luxurious KING-size bed, a private, in-suite, full bathroom (bathtub, shower, toilet, and double-sink vanity), laptop desk, Poang chair with reading lamp, a dedicated wardrobe cabinet, plus closet space. I call it the KING GALAXY ROOM.
2) The FULL MOON ROOM has a comfy, full-size bed, private, in-suite 3/4 bath (shower, toilet, vanity, and medicine cabinet), laptop desk, and ample closet space. This room is described more fully in a separate listing. https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/16975343
Both bedrooms are nicely private and have large windows that look out to the mature trees in the surrounding area.
PLEASE NOTE: There are no TV's on the premises. However, a recent guest successfully streamed an episode of Game of Thrones on his laptop using house WiFi and his personal Amazon account.
On colder mornings and evenings a gas fireplace is generally operating in the cozy living/dining room. On warmer mornings and evenings, the front patio/garden is a lovely, dappled-light setting. These common areas are always available to guests.
MORNING BEVERAGES with Cherilynn: When Cherilynn is home to host you, high quality, French press coffee is available in the morning upon request. Organic teas and Trader Joe's 100% Columbian instant coffee are available self-serve 24/7. Otherwise Vic's Coffee shop or Pekoe's Sip House (tea) are a just a pleasant, 4-block stroll from the house.
EVENING BEVERAGES with Cherilynn: When Cherilynn is home to host you, a glass of wine, local beer, or sparkling water is available in the evenings to accompany interaction with your host and/or sky watching.
Local Eldorado Springs water, hot water for tea, a toaster, and a small microwave oven are available 24/7 on the counter in the living/dining room area. Cups, glasses, napkins, and small plates & bowls with utensils are available at all times. Refrigerator space is available upon request. Stovetop cooking privileges may be negotiated with guests staying longer than 7 days.
There is a well-behaved, pettable, green-eyed girl kitty (named Sukhino) on the premises. The bedrooms and common areas are kept clean and clear of her fur and other emanations. She is not permitted in guest bedrooms.
High-capacity Honeywell or Winix air purifiers with well-maintained filters are operated in the bedroom and common areas prior to guest arrival. If desired, an air purifier may be used in the bedroom overnight.
We use eco-friendly, hypo-allergenic products to the clean the bathroom and launder the linens. A vacuum equipped with a HEPA filter is used to clean bedroom carpets between guests.
Toegang voor gasten
In addition to their bedroom and private bathroom, guests are always welcome anywhere in the living/dining area, and in the front patio/garden, both of which are a pleasant focal points for sipping a beverage, reading, and/or conversation.
Please consider OFF LIMITS the other guest bedroom, and any areas marked with a PRIVATE sign (e.g. back patio, upstairs loft areas, and downstairs bedroom and bath).
The loft library in the king bedroom suite is a risky climb and is thus OFF LIMITS to AirBnB guests unless escorted by your host (who will be pleased to give you a tour!).
Independent cooking on the electric stovetop is NOT accessible to short term guests, however several amenities to support food & beverage preparation ARE available to guests 24/7 on the countertop in the living/dining room area: Eldorado Springs water, teas & coffee, a small microwave oven, a toaster, cups, glasses, bowls, napkins & utensils. Refrigerator space is also available to all guests upon request.
There are no self-serve washer & dryer privileges for short-term guests (less than 7 days), however guests may request a 24-hour wash & fold service for an additional $15 fee.
Independent stovetop cooking and/or laundry use may be negotiated for longer-term guests (staying 7 nights or longer).
Interactie met gasten
Your host (Cherilynn) is a PhD astronomer/educator who enjoys conversation about the wonders of the Universe and many other topics. Guided sky watching is available to guests at agreed upon times. Such interaction is completely optional.
PLEASE NOTE that Cherilynn will be traveling from 20 Oct to 1 Nov to contribute to astronomy education activities in remote Chaco Culture National Historical Park. If you have a booking in this time frame, you will be greeted by my wonderful resident co-host Amanda, who knows how to guide you to the resources of the ASTRO AirBnB and to the riches of our Boulder neighborhood.
Cherilynn can also offer her 30+ years of experience to help match your interests to the diverse pleasures and adventures of Boulder, be they natural, cultural, or scientific.
When Cherilynn is home, she will be available to guests at check-in, and for morning/evening beverages as is mutually convenient and desired. Guests can be as autonomous or as interactive as they would like.
Andere dingen waar je op moet letten
Options and timing for morning and/or evening beverages or guided sky watching will be negotiated with guests on a case-by-case basis to maximize mutual convenience.
I am learning how to prepare for a family with a young child, however my home is not toddler-proof, and thus requires parental vigilance to ensure the safety of both the child and vulnerable household items.
We use eco-friendly, hypo-allergenic products to clean the rooms and to launder the linens.
Vergunnings- of registratienummer
Meer informatie over dit aantal
- Please do not let the beloved kitty outside.
- It is requested that no shoes be worn in the carpeted house.
- Please report immediately to your host any malfunction, spills, or accidental damage incurred so that prompt cleaning and/or repair is possible. Thank you kindly!
- Up to 4 guests are permitted for stays of less than 7 days. No more than 2 guests may occupy the space for longer term stays of 7 days or more.
- Please no overnight visitors that have not been declared in the booking communication.
- Guests may receive a non-overnight visitor (friend or family member) at the residence as long as there has been prior discussion and approval by the host. In general, a guest's visitor should plan to depart before the host retires (~10pm).
- All guests and visitors must know and abide by the house rules.
- Guest parking is not permitted on the property, but the freely available street parking is closer to my front door anyway. :-)
- There are no stovetop cooking privileges for guests staying less than 7 days. However, a spring water dispenser, organic teas, Trader Joe's (100% Columbian) instant coffee, a small microwave, a toaster, and other food & beverage amenities are available to all guests 24/7. Refrigerator space is also available to all guests needing to store perishable foods.
- The Eldorado Springs water is reserved for in-house refreshment and beverage making. Please do not use this source to fill water bottles for outside activities. The Boulder tap water is perfectly fine for this purpose. Thank you for your consideration!
- There are no self-serve washer & dryer privileges for short-term guests (less than 7-days), however guests may request a 24-hour wash & fold service for an additional $15 fee per request.
- No smoking of any kind is permitted in the house or garden area as this may perturb neighbors.
- Our HOA guidelines do not permit residents or guests who host parties or other events that involve smoking, drugs, drunkenness, and/or loud activities that may perturb residents.
- Though conviviality and laughter are certainly encouraged, please be mindful of the volume of your voices while enjoying the private garden area. This is a quiet, townhome complex of 10 units: five in front, five in back. Our HOA is considering whether AirBnB should be allowed to operate here, so it is very important to be considerate of our neighbors at ALL hours.
- If needed, please ask your host to adjust the gas fireplace. Guests unfamiliar with the controls may inadvertently turn off the pilot light.
De verhuurder heeft 25 recensies van andere accommodaties.Bekijk andere recensies