My partner Don and I are happy to welcome you to Providence!
Clean, sunny, newly furnished room in the city's best location, near campus, shops, and cafes. Safe, quiet neighborhood, an easy walk (1/2 mi) or 1 bus stop from Brown/RISD, & shops on Thayer/Hope/Wayland. New double bed, w/ cotton/down bedding. Off-street parking, Continental breakfast, all day coffee/tea/snacks, and Wifi included. Parking/checkin/checkout details will be emailed to you prior to arrival.
Welcome to our home! It's called the Villa Villekulla, after Pippi Longstocking's house.
The Villa was built in 1900, and is one of Providence's architectural gems, full of character and charm. I hope you'll feel welcome the moment you step inside. It's a single family home, not an apartment house, which adds to the welcoming and private feel.
The Villa is clean, quiet, sunny, & quirky, with hardwood floors, bay windows, and a working fireplace. It's located in a lovely, safe, walkable neighborhood, one of the city's best locations, with Brown and RISD campuses, as well as shopping, all within walking distance.
Included in your amenities are free wireless internet and cable tv/Netflix; Continental breakfast; coffee, tea, and snacks all day; off-street parking; and use of the living room, kitchen, porch, and laundry facilities.
Your room features a new double/full bed with a firm, plush-top mattress, finished with 100% cotton and down bedding. Plush cotton towels and bathtub/shower with plenty of hot water are great for relaxing after a long day. Please note that the bath is shared.
Located off Hope Street, it's an easy and pleasant stroll to Wayland Square, with its cafés and bookshops, yoga and fitness studios, 2 spas and 3 salons, a CVS, 6 restaurants, shoe repair and dry cleaner, along with clothing and gift shops. Rochambeau Avenue to the north is equally accessible, and features a block of great cafes, clothing and shoe store, CVA, bakery, and gift shops. Brown and RISD are an easy walk as well, and the #1 bus runs nearby so you can hop on that if you prefer.
Our neighborhood is safe, quiet, and has block after pretty block of well-kept, vintage Victorians and 20th-century colonials. There are houses of worship within walking distance, as well as Blackstone Blvd about half a mile to the east, which has lovely paths for jogging and biking. Hope High School is 2 blocks away and has a track for public use during non-school hours.
There's so much to do on campus and in town, but I hope you will find time to relax on the porch, watch a movie, or sit by the fireplace--please make yourself at home!
Continental breakfast is included and coffee/tea/snacks are available all day.
I also provide a guide that I wrote on Providence, with tips on where to go and what to do, for free. If you would like a copy of the guide let me know and I'll email it to you. Airbnb does not provide space for attaching PDFs to emails or to the listing page, unfortunately.
I rent out a second guest room on Airbnb, so there may be another guest here during your stay.
Dogs are considered on a case by case basis (depending on the breed, for insurance purposes). Also, they are not allowed to eat the bunnies in the yard, no matter how delicious they look. ;)
Toegang voor gasten
The front porch, driveway for parking, living room with fireplace, dining room and kitchen, washer dryer in basement, bathroom. There is a Brown campus building across the street, that has lovely grounds for strolling, too.
Interactie met gasten
I am friendly but unobtrusive. I like to give my guests their privacy and space, but I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.
I've traveled by myself many times and so I'm very experienced as a guest. I think that helps me be a considerate host. At least, I hope so!
- Check in is after 3 pm unless otherwise agreed upon through email with me.
- No minors under the age of 18 may stay unless they are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian over the age of 21.
- Quiet hours in the house are from 10 pm till 6 am. When you come home during quiet hours, please be as quiet as you can inside and outside the house: please keep voices low/don't slam car or house doors as you get out of your car and enter the house, out of respect for the neighbors as well as us. Inside the house please move about quietly.
- Please be considerate of others and pick up after yourself in the bathroom and clean up after yourself in the kitchen. (You don't have to wash the floors and windows, :) but please don't leave your wet towels on the floors or half-eaten food on the counter).
- Please unplug iron and turn off coffee pot, as well as any personal appliances such as curling irons, before going out.
- No smoking of anything, anywhere on the property. No drugs, no parties, no guests except those pre-approved by me.