These information pages can help you get started in learning about some of the laws and registration requirements that may apply to your experiences on Airbnb. These pages include summaries of some of the rules that may apply to different sorts of activities, and contain links to government resources that you may find helpful.
Please understand that these information pages are not comprehensive, and are not legal advice. If you are unsure about how local laws or this information may apply to you or your Experience, we encourage you to check with official sources or seek legal advice.
Please note that we don’t update this information in real time, so you should confirm that the laws or procedures have not changed recently.*
What are the requirements to drive in Spain generally? Do I need a license and registration to allow me to do this?
Yes. People who want to drive have to ensure they follow these rules:
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You have a valid current driver's license.
- Your vehicle is registered with the Dirección General de Tráfico and it is in perfect shape.
- You have paid the vehicle tax for the municipality your vehicle is registered in;
- Your vehicle has been certified by the Dirección General de Tráfico as suitable for road use and has all appropriate permits.
- You have taken out the mandatory insurance that covers your use of the vehicle. Check with your local authority if you have questions on what insurance requirements may apply to you.
If you still have questions and need more information you can check with the "Dirección General de Tráfico" that can be found here.
What are the requirements to drive Guests as part of my experience?
If transportation is provided as part of the Experience, or by an authorized third party, you may not need additional licensing. If transportation is provided on a professional or regular basis (for profit), an additional “passenger transport” license is likely required. The requirements and more information can be found directly from this website, as well as from the Autonomous Community of Andalucía website.
What happens if I don’t get the license(s) or registration(s) that I need?
If you do not obtain the appropriate licenses or registrations, you will not be entitled to drive Guests. Hosts acting without the licenses can be subject to administrative fines. Also, if the lack of a proper license is brought to Airbnb’s attention, Airbnb reserves the right to suspend your account.
* Airbnb is not responsible for the reliability or correctness of the information contained in any links to third party sites (including any links to legislation and regulations).